Sunday, October 14, 2007

BLUES

Written in 1936 by Dottie Schemerhorn, this song was first sung at a Milk Fund Dance as the "New Paltz Blues." Sister Schemerhorn later adopted it for Theta Phi.

Oh, they want to keep me right,
They want to keep me keen,
They lock me up tight like an old sardine.
Oh, say listen fella, I'm lower than the cellar,
I've got those Theta Phi Blues.

Oh, I know I'm fit and able to wear mink and sable,
I want to be like Bardot,
But they make me stay a snobb-o,
Oh, say listen mister, I'm singing this justa--
Let you know that I've got those Theta Phi Blues.

Here I'm young and healthy, without a thing to ail me,
Yet all the boyfriends fail me.
'Cause at ten o'clock they jail me.

Oh, I know it ain't no use.
To try to break loose,
If a gal's to be a teacher, then no real he-man can reach her,
That's why I've got--I've got those Theta Phi Blues.

No comments: